The first foundation of the Notre Dame du Croisty chapel dates back to the time of Saint Gildas.
It is here that on May 11, 565, the day of the Rogations, the intact body of Saint Gildas was found in a boat aground on the rocks.
The body of the saint who died on January 29 had been abandoned in the waves for three months, in accordance with his will.
The body of the Blessed Father was then transported to the abbey he had founded, where he was buried.
Since then, the monks of Rhuys came here in procession, every year, on the first day of the Rogations.
The chapel, originally built too close to the coast, collapsed several times before being rebuilt in 1826 set back from the coast.
Each year, on August 15, the boats anchored at the entrance to the port are blessed there and then will lay a wreath at sea.